Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology Diploma (ITEC)-Online
Online ITEC Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Diploma
It is essential for Therapists to have a sound understanding of Anatomy and Physiology, as they will be working in direct contact with the body structures. It is also vital that they have a comprehensive knowledge of diseases and disorders of the human body so that they are aware of when and when not to treat a client and only operate within certain parameters
This fascinating course provides students with a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology of the body so that they have a complete knowledge of the structure and functions of each area on which they are working.
Classes covering all systems of the body and their related pathologies, including:
- Cells: organization, metabolism, responsiveness, growth, repair and reproduction; cell structure and function.
- Tissues: epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous tissue; tissue repair and conditions affecting it.
- The Integumentary System: the functions of the skin; the epidermal, dermal, subcutaneous skin layers; common skin diseases and allergies.
- The Skeletal System: the development and structure of bone cells; the structure, location and functions of the bones and joints; surface anatomy; the spinal vertebrae; common skeletal disorders.
- The Muscular System: skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscle, its structure and functions; muscle contraction; origin and insertion; muscle fatigue; tendons and ligaments; common diseases of the muscular system.
- The Nervous System: the structure and functions of neurons and glial cells; synapses; the structure and functions of the brain and spinal cord; the limbic system; sensory reception and adaptation; the autonomic nervous system; common diseases of the nervous system.
- The Special Senses: the structure and functions of the special senses: hearing, sight, taste, touch and smell; the process of olfaction; sensory disorders.
- The Endocrine System: the functions of the endocrine system; homeostasis; the principal glands and hormones; common diseases of the endocrine system.
- The Cardiovascular System: the composition and functions of the blood; blood disorders; the structure and functions of the heart; common heart diseases; the principal arteries and veins; vascular disorders.
- The Lymphatic System: the structure and functions of the lymphatic system; lymph nodes and lymphatic tissue; common diseases of the lymphatic system.
- The Immune System: specific immunity and nonspecific defence mechanisms; antigens and antibodies; inflammation; the allergic response; immune disorders.
- The Respiratory System: major respiratory structures; the structure and functions of the lungs; external and internal respiration; common respiratory diseases
- The Digestive System: the structure and functions of the digestive system; ingestion, digestion, absorption and elimination; the small and large intestines; common diseases of the digestive system.
- The Urinary System: the structure and functions of the urinary system, kidneys and nephrons; water and electrolyte balance; common urinary diseases.
- The Reproductive System: the structure of the male and female reproductive systems; male and female sex hormones; the menstrual cycle; the stages of pregnancy; common diseases of the reproductive system.
How does the online training work?
- In this online , self guided Anatomy and Physiology Diploma (ITEC) Diploma, you will learn through a series of Pre- recorded Lessons . You can pause, stop and rewind the film as you need
- You can study from anywhere in the world on pc, mac, tablet or smart phone.
- You can re-watch each lesson as frequently as you want and use for revision
- Over 40 hours of self guided tutorials.
- There are assessments and quizes with sample exam questions after each module to complete , to ensure you have assimilated all the information
- The E-Learning portal is easy to use , you will have your unique login codes which will track your progress
- When you have finished all modules, you can choose when you are ready to take the exam
- You will benefit from the highest level of teaching for less than you would pay for a live classroom through comprehensive and interactive and tutorials.
- There are a variety of teaching methods to make learning easier and fun
- Email support from tutors is provided
- You will have access 24/7 for one year, to learn at times to fit in with your lifestyle and at your own pace (this can be extended if needed )
- Exams are booked and paid for separately when you are ready to take them.
- Take the lessons at your own pace for up to 12 month , or longer if needed.
Course Fees: €350 plus €150 ITEC Exam fees.
Exam fee is paid when before exam booking is confirmed
Recommended book to use alongside this training: “An Introductory guide to Anatomy and Physiology ” by Louise Tucker
**All payment are non refundable and non transferable
To purchase this training, please click on the “take this course” button below. Once purchased , the login codes for the training should be automatically emailed to you (please check your spam folder if you do not receive them instantly or email us: email@example.com