Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology Diploma (ITEC)-Online
Online ITEC Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Diploma
It is essential for Therapists to have a sound understanding of Anatomy and Physiology, as they will be working in direct contact with the body structures. It is also vital that they have a comprehensive knowledge of diseases and disorders of the human body so that they are aware of when and when not to treat a client and only operate within certain parameters
This fascinating course provides students with a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology of the body so that they have a complete knowledge of the structure and functions of each area on which they are working.
Classes covering all systems of the body and their related pathologies, including:
- Cells: organization, metabolism, responsiveness, growth, repair and reproduction; cell structure and function.
- Tissues: epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous tissue; tissue repair and conditions affecting it.
- The Integumentary System: the functions of the skin; the epidermal, dermal, subcutaneous skin layers; common skin diseases and allergies.
- The Skeletal System: the development and structure of bone cells; the structure, location and functions of the bones and joints; surface anatomy; the spinal vertebrae; common skeletal disorders.
- The Muscular System: skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscle, its structure and functions; muscle contraction; origin and insertion; muscle fatigue; tendons and ligaments; common diseases of the muscular system.
- The Nervous System: the structure and functions of neurons and glial cells; synapses; the structure and functions of the brain and spinal cord; the limbic system; sensory reception and adaptation; the autonomic nervous system; common diseases of the nervous system.
- The Special Senses: the structure and functions of the special senses: hearing, sight, taste, touch and smell; the process of olfaction; sensory disorders.
- The Endocrine System: the functions of the endocrine system; homeostasis; the principal glands and hormones; common diseases of the endocrine system.
- The Cardiovascular System: the composition and functions of the blood; blood disorders; the structure and functions of the heart; common heart diseases; the principal arteries and veins; vascular disorders.
- The Lymphatic System: the structure and functions of the lymphatic system; lymph nodes and lymphatic tissue; common diseases of the lymphatic system.
- The Immune System: specific immunity and nonspecific defence mechanisms; antigens and antibodies; inflammation; the allergic response; immune disorders.
- The Respiratory System: major respiratory structures; the structure and functions of the lungs; external and internal respiration; common respiratory diseases
- The Digestive System: the structure and functions of the digestive system; ingestion, digestion, absorption and elimination; the small and large intestines; common diseases of the digestive system.
- The Urinary System: the structure and functions of the urinary system, kidneys and nephrons; water and electrolyte balance; common urinary diseases.
- The Reproductive System: the structure of the male and female reproductive systems; male and female sex hormones; the menstrual cycle; the stages of pregnancy; common diseases of the reproductive system.
How does this online training work?
- In this online , self guided Anatomy and Physiology Diploma (ITEC) Diploma, you will learn through a series of Pre- recorded Lessons . You can pause, stop and rewatch the tutorials as you need
- You can study from anywhere in the world on pc, mac, tablet or smart phone.
- Over 40 hours of self guided tutorials.
- There are quizzes with sample exam questions after each module to complete , to ensure you have assimilated all the information and also practice exams
- The E-Learning portal is easy to use , you will have your unique login codes which will track your progress
- When you have finished all modules, you can choose when you are ready to take the exam
- You will benefit from the highest level of teaching for less than you would pay for a live classroom through comprehensive and interactive and tutorials.
- There are a variety of teaching methods to make learning easier and fun
- Email support from tutors is provided
- You will have access 24/7 for one year, to learn at times to fit in with your lifestyle and at your own pace (this can be extended if needed )
- Exams are booked and paid for separately when you are ready to take them.
- Take the lessons at your own pace for up to 12 month , or longer if needed.
Course Fees: €350 plus €150 ITEC Exam fees.
Exam fee is paid when before exam booking is confirmed
Recommended book to use alongside this training: “An Introductory guide to Anatomy and Physiology ” by Louise Tucker
**All payment are non refundable and non transferable
To purchase this training, please click on the “take this course” button below. Once purchased , the login codes for the training should be automatically emailed to you (please check your spam folder if you do not receive them instantly or email us: email@example.com
Why choose ITEC ?
The International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC) has been awarding high quality and respected qualifications since 1947. It is the leading Irish and International examination board providing quality qualifications allowing people to practise professionally throughout the world. ITEC currently has centres registered in countries in Africa, North America, South America, Asia, Middle East and Europe.
It is the world’s leading and most successful awarding bodies specialising in Complementary Medicine and Sports & Fitness Training.
ITEC is an official awarding body approved by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) and the Department for Education and Employment. It is a recognised awarding organisation regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations regulation (OFQUAL). As such all the ITEC QCF qualifications are approved on the Qualifications and Credits Framework.
ITEC Diploma qualifications are highly regarded by prospective employers who know an ITEC qualification means excellence in both theoretical knowledge and practical ability, as well as a rigorous and independent examination process.