Roxanne Quinn is well travelled Canadian from beautiful BC. After meeting & marrying an Irishman she began to start calling Ireland home in 2015. Her lifelong interest in health & wellness, particularly mental health & weight loss lead her back to college in 2016 for 3 years to become a Registered Nutritionist & Health Coach, graduating with a renewed passion for seeing people improve themselves. Registered with the ANP & NTOI, Roxanne loves continuing to learn & expand her knowledge base around all things health & body through CPD courses and practice.
Being her own best client for years ahead of getting proper training in nutrition, Roxanne has seen first-hand the benefits nutrition can have on mental health & wellness, making one of Happy Out Nutrition’s goals to bring more awareness to the area of mental health through the associations between food, mood & movement. Getting to the root cause of a client’s issues, for me, is the main focus of a Nutritionist. Roxanne takes pride in working 1:1 with a variety of people to help bring them back into balance & on the road to better overall health by helping them accomplish their health goals, because Happy In leads to Happy Out!
- Nutrition Basics – The things you need to know about what you eat.
· What are Macronutrients (Proteins, Fats, Carbohydrates)
· What are Micronutrients (Vitamins & Minerals)
· What food sources are best for obtaining both Macro & Micronutrients
· How to get a healthy balance in your diet using the 80/20 rule
This talk will be 1-1.5 hours and €10.00.
Next Class date: tbc
- Food, Mood & Movement – How what you eat and how much you move can play a role in how you feel mentally and physically.
How the foods we eat can affect the way we feel
· How exercise benefits us both physically & mentally
· Why we are what we eat…a brief look at the Gut Brain Axis
· Simple ways you can start feeling healthier now
This talk will be 1-1.5 hours and €20.00
Next Class date: tbc
- Habits For Better Health – Why we have bad ones & how to improve them.
- What are healthy habits anyway?
- Breaking the old to build the new
- Why there are no quick fixes
- Stepping stones to get you moving in the right direction
This talk will be 1-1.5 hours and €10.00