2022 Dates (one day):
May 6th 2022/ October 14th 2022
Pauline O Hagan has over 20 years experience as a Midwife, Reflexologist and Ante Natal classes educator in Ireland. She is a registered Reflexologist with IRI.
Pauline holds many qualifications including Electro acupuncture, Bach Flower remedies,Iridology and Homeopathy.
Pauline brings a fresh approach to Maternity Reflexology, empowering Reflexologists by giving them the tools to treat their clients in full confidence.
She brings her many years of experience to this one day course. Its an enjoyable course, with plenty of time given to practical practice .
This course includes fantastic techniques for all stages of pregnancy and homecare advice for clients.
• To educate the reflexologist on the normal course of pregnancy and complications that can arise in each trimester.
• To build confidence in the reflexologist in treating pregnant women and to dispel the myth about doing harm and also also to dispel the myth that reflexology
can induce premature labour. Labour will only start when Oxytocin is released from the pituitary and placenta, than the receptors in the brain pick up the message causing regular, rhythmic contractions. However, if labour is about to start, reflexology in the early stages can help effectiveness and regularity of contractions.
• To introduce to the reflexologist, a full range of complementary hints and tips to make pregnancy, labour,birth and the peurperium more manageable to the mother and to be able to advise appropriately, not as a reflexologist but as a friend who wants her client to achieve the best possible outcome.
• The recommendations that appear in this manual must not be considered a substitute for any medical treatment, but only serve as a tool to enhance the whole pregnancy and birth process.
• Lifestyle and Diet Advice for Pregnant clients
• Simple explanations of comment ailments in Pregnancy and supportive measures of how to relieve them
including Morning sickness; heartburn; Constipation; Anaemia; Carpel Tunnel Syndrome,
Fatigue; Anxiety; Cystitis; Dizziness;Pelvic pain; Insomnia; Leg cramps; Restless legs,
Sciatica; Gestational Diabete, Symphasis Pubis Diastasis
• Progress of Pregnancy and areas/reflexes to focus on at each stage, week by week
• Areas/Reflexes on feet to focus on for each ailment
• Advice for Optimal Foetal Positioning
• Going to hospital. A few extras to make life easy
• Reflexology for Labour – sedating and stimulating techniques. Useful positions for during labour
• Explanation of hormones involved in the process of labour
• Stages of labour. Good labour positions
• Situations requiring immediate attention
• Practical section of course includes useful Reflexology techniques including Solar Plexus hold, Pelvic stretch, Spinal Twist,Spinal Stretching, Lung Press, Ankle Boogie. Ankle Rotation; Urinary System Flush, Metamorphic Technique and Coping point.
For further information and booking, contact: Catriona Plunkett
Ph: 087 6011797