Next course Dates:
2 days : February 11th 2021 (online through zoom) & July 25th 2021 (inhouse at golden egg)
Times: 10am to 5pm each day
Marma is a Sanskrit word which refers to any open, exposed, weak or sensitive part of the body. In Ayurveda, it is a point in the human body that’s located at the intersections of veins, muscles, joints, bones, ligaments or tendons. These points are considered to be vital points because they are infused with prana (life force energy) and are influenced by consciousness. Marma points are also stimulated by touch / massage
Marma points are an important element of Ayurveda’s healing power. These energy points profoundly affect the body, mind and spirit as well as facilitate the deepest levels of healing. Stimulating marma points directly taps into the individual’s reservoir of energy and promotes good health.
There are 107 major marma points in the human body (Face, head,arms, legs, abdomen, chest, back and trunk) which are connected to the seven chakras, while the minor marma points are found around the torso and the limbs. Stimulating the marma points affects the chakras and the doshas (types of energy in the body). It also stimulates the various organs and systems of the body.
Marma Point Massage is an effective, yet gentle technique that works similarly to Chinese acupuncture but without the use of needles, to relieve joint and muscle pain in the body. It also treats various other symptoms such as digestive disorders, anxiety, endocrine imbalance , as well as organ weaknesses.
It is a beautifully slow, soothing and nurturing treatment .
Trainer: Dr. Deepa Apte, fully qualified medical doctor, surgeon and Ayurvedic expert of international repute. Dr. Apte’s background in medicine and years of experience as a Yoga Teacher combined with an exhaustive knowledge of Ayurveda and many years of clinical and diagnostic experience means that she is uniquely placed as a teacher to convey a very thorough, broad approach to health and wellbeing, drawing on these Eastern and Western disciplines to provide a truly holistic approach to the study of this vast and ever-evolving praxis.
The course is accredited by CMA, FHT and Think Tree Hub.and contributes towards your Continual Professional Development.
Course Content includes:
– Introduction to principles of Ayurveda
– Explanation of the 3 Doshas or body types and their characteristics
– Determining ones Dosha type
– Introduction to Marma points in Ayurveda
– Comparing Marma points to acupressure and acupuncture points
– Categories of Marma points Vata, Pitta Kapha Marma points and their relevance
– Organ related Marma points and their relevance
– How to use Marma points for treatments and in therapies.
– 108 Marma points in the body, their positions, size, relation to Doshas, relation to organ sysems.
– Various methods of treatments of various Marma points
– Treatment of toxins/Ama through Marma therapy
Course Fee: €275
For booking, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
€100 (non refundable) booking deposit secures a place.
For further info, please Email: email@example.com
Ph: 087 6011797