MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE
Manual Lymph Drainage aims to redirect fluid from swollen areas to healthy lymphatic vessels, transporting it back to the normal circulatory system . With gentle, light but precise hand movements applied to the skin, the therapists exerts different intensities of pressure to increase the activity of normal lymphatic vessels. This encourages the fluid away from congested areas by bypassing ineffective or injured lymph vessels.
Manual Lymphatic drainage is a very gentle , rhythmic style of massage that mimics the action of the Lymphatic system. It is used to enhance the immune system, reduce pain and oedema and improve the appearance and health of the skin.
MLD therapy is beneficial for the following:
- The management of Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema (stages, I, II, III)
- Post-traumatic Oedema (Hematomas, Dislocation of the shoulder, Torn muscle fibres, Sudeck’s Dystrophy).
- Post-operative Oedema (Plastic or Venous surgery)
- Promoting the healing of Wounds and Burns.
- After cosmetic surgery/liposuction.
- Conditions of the Nervous System with local Oedema i.e. (Migraine, Parkinsons Disease, MS, Tinnitus etc..
- For improving the appearance and texture of Scars, even established/aged Scars..
- To assist in conditions arising from Venous Insufficiency.
- It accelerates and enhances the healing process of Broken bones, Torn ligaments and Sprains.
- Chronic inflammatory conditions such as Sinusitis, Arthritis, Acne and Acne Rosacea and conditions associated with Stroke can be improved with the application of MLD.
- Many female related conditions such as PMT and pregnancy related swellings respond well to MLD.
- It has a calming effect on the autonomic nervous system that leaves you deeply relaxed, making is very effective for clients with stress and anxiety. It can help improve the quality of sleep, relieve constipation and generally aid digestion.
“Lymph Drainage is a healthy, natural, painless and absolutely effective method which gives a new basis to life, health and beauty.” Dr. Emil Vodder 1936.
Cost per one hour treatment: €60
Therapist info: Catriona Plunkett is an MLD/CDT(complete decongestive therapy ) Therapist having trained in America with the world leading Klose foundation trainers Lesley Keith and Gunther Klose .
Catriona is a full member of MLD Ireland, the association for all fully trained Lymphoedema specialists in Ireland.