EMMETT Technique Training
EMM-Tech -Introductory course
Date: May 25th 2023
Time: 9am to 5pm
*Open to everyone
This is a short introductory course created by Ross Emmett so that everyone would have the opportunity to use some of his work to help themselves, friends and family. It is primarily designed for non-professionals, however, it is also an ideal low cost introduction for trained therapists to see what EMMETT is all about. The course contains 11 moves which have been specially selected from the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course. No prior experience is necessary to attend a course. It can be attended by anyone over 16 years old.
The EMMETT General Releases taught are:-
- Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) – to free up neck rotation problems.
- Pectoralis Minor – used for shoulder problems, & difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
- AC/ Biceps – moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm.
- Forearm release – help improve grip strength, forearm, elbow and shoulder issues
- Latissimus dorsi – frees up the arm lift, Also for addressing lower back tension
- Diaphragm release – allows people to breathe more easily
- ITB release – to assist hip, thigh & knee
- ITB/Sartorius – to assist hip, thigh & knee
- Gastroc/calf – assists balance and to help with fluid filled legs & feet
- Foot Balance x 2 – to assist balance and stability.
What will I learn?
The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after a short demonstration and practise you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for yourself and others.
On the foot care day you will learn more moves specifically for the lower leg and feet. There will also be time for discussion on how best to integrate the EMMETT techniques into your practice.
There will also be time to learn the EMMETT Recovery move – for anxiety, breathing and also for pure relaxation.
Looking forward to seeing you at the course
Certified Advanced EMMETT Practitioner & International Instructor
Certified EMMETT4DOGS Practitioner and short course Tutor
EMM-Tech Tutor Trainer
EMM-Tech for Foot Care Professionals
Date: May 26th 2023
Time: 9am to 5pm
(Suitable for qualified Reflexologists and Foot Care Therapists )
*You must attend day 1 Introduction to EMMETT Technique day first.
In an exciting new development, in conjunction with Ross Emmett and EMMETT Therapies HQ in Australia, this course was designed for people in the foot care world – this includes Reflexologists, Chiropodists, Podiatrists and Foot Health Practitioners.
The aim of the course is to allow you to integrate a number of very useful EMMETT Techniques into your day to day practice.
The 16 hour practical, hands-on training will start with the 8 hour EMM-Tech course, which involves learning the basic principles of EMMETT Technique and 11 procedures to help the whole body – from feet to head as listed below.This is great for self care and is considered a muscle “first-aid” suitable for everyone.
The second day will be a set of 6 more moves taken from the EMMETT practitioner and advanced courses, but focussed specifically on helping the lower leg and feet. This is a fantastic way to learn more about what EMMETT can do in your specialist field. The feedback from the courses held so far has been very positive.
Foot Care Moves taught are:
- Heel Pain – on heel strike when walking, discomfort deep under foot in centre of heel
- Ankle Pain – ankle pain and discomfort
- Ankle Restriction – ankle joint restriction or rigidity, poor dorsiflexion
- Ankle Release – for ankle discomfort, stiffness and tightness in the area,restricted pronation / supination & heel discomfort
- Foot Pain – discomfort or inflammation at base toes, compressed toes
- Hammer Toe – – aching feet, lack of foot and toe flexibility
For further info/booking email: Judith@everybodysbetter.co.uk
“I must say I have waited for over a week to write this assessment as it took 5 days for
some of the moves to finish working on my body. To say they were effective is
understatement especially the Heel Pain move – my pelvis and right leg haven’t been this
straight since my fall off my horse 6 months ago I am now able to run up and down stairs
again! I have used this move on 3 clients who have hip/sciatic/pelvic pain and they have
all reported amazing results I think the description should be not just for heel pain but
include pain in Hip/Pelvic area also.
… much improvement for a client with bunions and a crooked toe and another with plantar
fasciitis, since using these new moves and feedback from the clients on how quickly their
condition is improving and how painless the moves were.
I would like to thank Judith Johnson for being so professional but also a willingness to
listen and to adapt the course to suit what people wanted – a real Chameleon approach to
the whole day. Also the other ladies on the course who gave such interesting feedback
and some thought provoking insights it made us all think how much more effective a
treatment you can give using these moves”