EMMETT Technique Training
EMM-Tech -Introductory course
Date: May 13th 2024
Time: 9am to 5pm
*Open to everyone
Emm-tech short course
EMM-Tech Short Course. This is a short introductory course created by Ross Emmett so that everyone would have the opportunity to use some of his work to help themselves, friends and family. It is primarily designed for non-professionals, however, it is also an ideal low cost introduction for trained therapists to see what EMMETT is all about. The course contains 11 moves which have been specially selected from the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course. The course is conducted over 8 hours. No prior experience is necessary to attend a course. It can be attended by anyone over 16 years old.
What you will learn
(Approved syllabus version: 2011)
– Foot Balance – 2 ways to relax the feet
– Gastroc Calf Release – relax the calf
– ITB – relax the thigh
– ITB / Sartorius – relax the knees
– Lat Dorsi – relax the back and shoulders
– Diaphragm – relax the abdomen and chest
– Pec Minor – release the front shoulder area
– Forearm – relax the arm and hands
– AC & Biceps – relax the shoulder
– SCM Neck Release – relax the neck
Emm-Tech is recognised by the Federation of Holistic Therapists. It’s an 8 hour course so 8 CPD (Continuous Professional Development) points are awarded. It is also accredited with Complementary Health Professionals. If you are a member of any other association you will need to approach them to ask if you will gain CPD points for a non-accredited course.
– All bookings are subject to a non-refundable element due at the time of booking.
– All Short Courses -€150 course fee for payments within 3 weeks of course date. The non-refundable element is €37.50.
– Course dates and venues are subject to change. Please keep this in mind when booking transport and accommodation.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made up to 21 days prior to a workshop will receive a full refund (minus the non-refundable €37.50). Cancellation fees will be calculated at 50% of the course fee if cancellations occur within 20 – 2 days (48 hours) of a workshop. No refund will be given for cancellations within 48 hours of a workshop.
EMM-Tech for Foot Care Professionals
Date: May 14th 2024
Time: 9am to 5pm
(Suitable for qualified Reflexologists and Foot Care Therapists )
*You must attend day 1 Introduction to EMMETT Technique day first.
In an exciting new development, in conjunction with Ross Emmett and EMMETT Therapies HQ in Australia, this course was designed for people in the foot care world – this includes Reflexologists, Chiropodists, Podiatrists and Foot Health Practitioners.
The aim of the course is to allow you to integrate a number of very useful EMMETT Techniques into your day to day practice.
The 16 hour practical, hands-on training will start with the 8 hour EMM-Tech course, which involves learning the basic principles of EMMETT Technique and 11 procedures to help the whole body – from feet to head as listed below.This is great for self care and is considered a muscle “first-aid” suitable for everyone.
The second day will be a set of 6 more moves taken from the EMMETT practitioner and advanced courses, but focussed specifically on helping the lower leg and feet. This is a fantastic way to learn more about what EMMETT can do in your specialist field. The feedback from the courses held so far has been very positive.
Foot Care Moves taught are:
- Heel Pain – on heel strike when walking, discomfort deep under foot in centre of heel
- Ankle Pain – ankle pain and discomfort
- Ankle Restriction – ankle joint restriction or rigidity, poor dorsiflexion
- Ankle Release – for ankle discomfort, stiffness and tightness in the area,restricted pronation / supination & heel discomfort
- Foot Pain – discomfort or inflammation at base toes, compressed toes
- Hammer Toe – – aching feet, lack of foot and toe flexibility
For further info/booking email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“I must say I have waited for over a week to write this assessment as it took 5 days for
some of the moves to finish working on my body. To say they were effective is
understatement especially the Heel Pain move – my pelvis and right leg haven’t been this
straight since my fall off my horse 6 months ago I am now able to run up and down stairs
again! I have used this move on 3 clients who have hip/sciatic/pelvic pain and they have
all reported amazing results I think the description should be not just for heel pain but
include pain in Hip/Pelvic area also.
… much improvement for a client with bunions and a crooked toe and another with plantar
fasciitis, since using these new moves and feedback from the clients on how quickly their
condition is improving and how painless the moves were.
I would like to thank Judith Johnson for being so professional but also a willingness to
listen and to adapt the course to suit what people wanted – a real Chameleon approach to
the whole day. Also the other ladies on the course who gave such interesting feedback
and some thought provoking insights it made us all think how much more effective a
treatment you can give using these moves”
EMM-Tech -The Full Programme
Tell me about the EMMETT Technique
The EMMETT Technique is a unique form of body relaxation therapy for both people and, involving the application of light finger pressure at specific points. It is based on the belief that light touch can trigger a relaxation response in the soft tissues of the body, and that the therapist may thereby help relieve feelings of tension. Many people find they feel more at ease within their body and their emotional well-being is enhanced. The result is often instantaneous feelings of greater comfort. See the Client Testimonials page to read some examples of the kinds of problems helped by the EMMETT Technique. EMMETT is truly a complementary therapy. It may be applied in isolation but it also combines easily with all other bodywork and exercise specialities.
Is this the course for me?
This course is suitable for all complementary therapists, medical professionals, sports or exercise instructors interested in expanding their therapeutic skills. These include:
- Massage therapists
- Medical doctors
- Bowen therapists
- Personal trainers
- Pilates instructors
- Yoga teachers
But don’t let that impressive list of professionals put you off because undergraduates and non-therapists are also welcome to attend. There are no pre-requisites and the instructors approach each class as if everyone has the same very basic knowledge, so it’s easy for everyone to keep up with the learning!
The course is divided into two-day learning blocks, called Modules, with 6 Modules in total across 11 days. Material covered in the previous Module is reviewed before new work is covered. This ensures that all participants are up to date and ready to learn new material. Modules 1&2 are one day each in duration and always taught as a two-day block. The total course therefore consists of 11 days. This course is accredited by the Complementary Health Professionals (CHP).
Modular Course Structure
- Modules 1 & 2. First day Module 1, second day Module 2.
- Module 3. First day review of Mods 1&2, second day new Module 3 work.
- Module 4. First day review of Module 3, second day new Module 4 work.
- Module 5. First day review of Module 4, second day new Module 5 work.
- Module 6. First day review of Module 5, second day new Module 6 work.
- Module 6 Review / Assessment. One day. At Module 6 Review, a written & practical assessment will be offered and a Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded when a pass is achieved. This qualifies the participant as an EMMETT Technique Practitioner. Assessment is optional. A Certificate of Attendance is provided where the participant is not assessed.
- Optional: Client Clinic Day.
“I can’t wait” is the typical response from students when the instructors send out email reminders about the next module!
What will I learn?
- You will learn how to apply the EMMETT Technique and how it was developed.
- You will learn to quickly and effectively assess the areas of tension in your client’s body and how to locate the appropriate EMMETT point requiring desensitisation. Participants typically comment on how much their anatomy knowledge and understanding deepens as they progress through the course.
- The following areas of the body are focused on as these are commonly presented by clients: core muscles, lower back, thoracic back, shoulders, neck, arms including grip, legs and feet including balance, and breathing, and less frequent symptoms such as deep seated abdominal and lower body dis-ease.
- You will also learn about the “Chameleon Approach” that makes EMMETT so powerful. This includes special language skills and how to apply anchors to promote positive outcomes. Read the full Syllabus.
How will I be assessed?
- Students are supervised during practice sessions and extra assistance will be offered where required, so all students will become competent and confident with the moves.
- A written and practical assessment is offered at the final stage of training at Module 6 Review and a Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded when a pass is achieved. This qualifies the participant as an EMMETT Technique Practitioner. Assessment is optional. A Certificate of Attendance is provided where the student chooses not to be accessed.
- Although there is no stated number of case study hours required students are encouraged to record their experiences in a reflective-learning journal and ask questions.
Will I be able to use EMMETT with my current therapy?
One of the benefits of the EMMETT Technique is that it provides therapists with complete freedom to integrate the technique with what they know or, under certain circumstances, to use it exclusively.
Can I use the EMMETT training days as Continued Professional Development?
This will depend on which professional body you are a member of. Contact your own association and enquire whether you will be allowed to claim CPD. EMMETT Therapies UK/Ireland is happy to help by providing them with information about the course for them to evaluate.
Course Fees: Each two-day Practitioner course is charged at €380. Each one-day Practitioner course is charged at €190.