Ayurvedic Foot Massage with Dr Deepa Apte
- Introduction to principles of Ayurveda
- Explanation of the 3 Doshas or body types and their characteristics
- Determining one’s Dosha type.
- Full sequence of traditional Ayurvedic foot massage
- Important Marma points on the feet and how they relate to different organs and systems of the body
- How to work on these Marma points to alleviate various symptoms
- Adapting massage techniques and choosing Ayurvedic oils to suit an individual’s constitution or Dosha
The workshop is fully accredited by the CMA (Complementary Medical Association – www.the-cma.org.uk) and the FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists – www.fht.org.uk). The workshop qualifies for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Continuing Personal and Professional Development (CPPD) points.
This 1 day workshop introduces the traditional foot massage in Ayurveda, the importance of Marma points on the feet, legs and how they relate to various organs and systems in the body. This workshop also looks at how to work on Marma points along with using the correct massage oil for the different Doshas.